This is my very first blog post. ( I’M SO EXCITED!)
For my first post I’m going to talk y’ll through my TBR that I have planned to finish reading before Christmas ( hopefully TT.TT ) I’m really excited about these books. I have heard great things about them and also read great reviews ~ Let’s get to it.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.This book is about a handmaid named Offred in the Republic of Gilead, a totalitarian and theocratic state that has replaced the United States of America. In the book , many women have lost the ability to reproduce and the few who can ( i.e The handmaids) are assigned to different houses to bear children for elite couples who have difficulty in conceiving.This book scares me because this can actually come true and considering the current lifestyle we follow , I won’t be surprised if it isn’t that far away.
- The geography of you and me by Jennifer E. Smith.In this lovely novel , we have two people by the name Lucy and Owen who meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building as they were both trapped together in an elevator due to a blackout.They spend that night together wandering around etc. and have the time of their life kinda stuff. However , Lucy moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.I’m really excited about this book. It seems like a quick read. You would either really like it or find it annoying. I wanna know what happens to their relationship and how they make it work and it also has a lot of travelling in it.
- We were liars – E. Lockhart.I bought this book just few days ago and I was so excited so I started reading it already.It’s about a girl named Cadence Sinclair and she is seventeen, almost eighteen years old.. She’s had an accident and can’t remember anything. (I think you should just read it . )(I’m so scared I’m gonna give something away , so i’ll just say what’s written behind the book .)
We are liars. We are beautiful and privileged. We are cracked and broken. A tale of love and romance.A tale of tragedy. Which are lies? Which is truth? You decide.
You’re welcome :’)
- Beautiful broken things by Sara Barnard.The story follows Caddy and Rosie who are inseparable best friends. Then Suzanne comes into their lives, who is depicted as beautiful , mysterious etc. and that’s when Caddy starts to see how fun a little trouble can be and how it affects their friendship and it’s about how she deals with it.First of all , I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t pick up this book because of the cover. It’s so pretty. I’m not sure what to expect from this book , but i’m excited.
- Just one day by Gayle Forman.Allyson Healey is a girl whose life is well organised and planned. On the last day of her European tour ( of some sort) , she meets Willem who is the complete opposite of her. He then invites her to leave everything behind and come to Paris with him , to which she says yes. So there you go~One day of romance? This is going to be interesting. I really liked the book ‘If I stay’ by Gayle Forman . Let’s hope i like this one just as much.I reckon there is a second book in this series and it’s ‘Just one year.’
- The Diary of a young girl : Anne Frank.Just as the Nazis occupied Holland in 1942 , a Jewish family went into hiding. Anne frank , wrote her diary till the family were betrayed and caught.I always wanted to read this book ( Always ended up excerpts for some class activity ) but now I am reading the entire diary which is for my Political theory class but that doesn’t matter.These are the 6 books I want to finish reading before Christmas. Let me know if y’ll read any of these and if you liked them and let me know what y’ll will or are reading this fall ~ I’m excited.
LOVE YOU ALL.